Search This Blog

Monday, April 21, 2008

Copag vs KEM vs Tahiti

Ok so I live in Tahiti, let's get that out of the way right now.

For live play (which I don't play much at all) I bought 2 sets (2 decks each) of cards from the best plastic cards brands, namely Copag and KEM.
If you want to know, Copag was the official card of the 2006 WSOP and KEM (now owned by Bicycle) the official card of the 2007 WSOP.

So I got the red/blue decks from Copag maybe 2 years ago, and they have been great. The only thing I didn't like was the design of the face cards, also the size of the index is bigger than most, meaning bold. So when I squeeze my cards, well, it doesn't look good to me. Yeah i'm nitty like that.

I also got the gold/black KEM cards not so long ago and I like them. The desin is good, the indexes are thin (yay) and the colors vibrant. Only thing is they tend to bend a little when they are squeezed, so you have to bend them back from time to time.

So what's the point with Tahiti???
Well this freaking humid weather is messing up my cards!
Couple of weeks after I bought my Copags, for some reason the blue deck (and only this one) showed blue marks on the front of the cards. Then I realized the back ink was sort of bleeding through the card and it looks really ugly. Which is weird since both deck of cards were staying in the same original box.

As for the KEM, only 2 weeks after I bought them, the deck I used showed multiple wrinkles all over the cards (front and back), while the other deck still wrapped in plastic was fine.

I mean WTF!?!? I think the weather is completely messing up plastic cards, and it sucks. All of the decks were staying in my drawer, and I barely play with them.
And after playing with those, I can't bring myself to playing with regular paper cards, since they are so hard to shuffle and get damaged after barely one game anyways.
Plastic cards cost so much online with shipping it hurts. Now I have two decks of cards (one KEM, one Copag) and I'm trying to figure out a way to make them last...

And to think they are supposed to last a lifetime... Humidity is a bitch.

ronee

No comments: