Search This Blog

Thursday, October 2, 2008

A new favorite might have emerged

If you look at the betting odds for the eventual winner of the WSOP ME in November, only two name stand out. The obvious chip leader, Dennis Philips and the solid and only pro David Rheem, who made two other final tables during the 2008 WSOP, and he is also my pick to win it all by the way.

But that was all before the WSOP Europe Main Event, where November Nine member Ivan Demidov just finished 3rd in an incredibly stacked field (heads-up is in place as I type this up).
He could have accomplished a legendary feat by winning both Main Events in the same year, but he'll just settle for a historic one, as he made both final tables, something that probably won't ever be done again.

If people haven't noticed Ivan yet, they have now.
Even with a final table of Negreanu, Juanda, I was rooting for the guy because it takes real skills to beat huge talented fields. Here's to proving he's the real deal in November.

On the side:

- PokerStars just introduced Double or Nothing SNGs, you play a 10-handed table where only half the players double their money and play stops when the money is reached. A good idea to attract fishy players, and lots of pros are bashing the idea on online forums. I don't plan on playing them ever right now, I am not a big fan of folding til the money.

- Looks like I won't deposit on PartyPoker after all. The software is laggy for me and too cluttered (they have so many useless and flashy buttons for their other PartyGaming stuff) that's annoying. But unlike other rooms they offer a lot of freerolls that are not country-restricted, so if I didn't have a dime I'd probably start there first.

ronee

No comments: