Search This Blog

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Look who's baaacckkk!!!

Hey there, it's been a while!

I'm not sure anybody actually reads this but I'll just keep doing this for my own good.
Talking about my own play might be therapeutic who knows?

Anyways I haven't been playing a lot lately. I started a new job and it has me waking up early and coming home late almost everyday. So far I like it a lot, and it's a far cry from my former job where I did nothing all day except play poker lol. So because of that, not so much poker, not enough sports (I can barely make it to badminton now) and I completely gave up the gym.
Like I said, work is taxing but I also have lots of stuff going on at home that keep me away from the tables. Add to that that my girlfriend wants my week-ends to be centered around her and it's hard to play cards haha (not that I'm complaining).

So I started to get the itch to play again and started making the same mistakes I used to.
I still suck at PLO that's for sure and tried to take a shot at 0.10/0.25 for a few giggles and lost about $40. Honestly I don't think my play was bad, but I just didn't get luck when I needed it.
For example I had an open-ended flush draw on the flop and he shoves/calls with two pairs. The rivers gives me a flush but he also gets a full house.
Or I have 88xx and flop is 78Q. Turn is another 7 and I check/call the whole way to trap him. I check/shove the river and he instacalls with QQxx. I was really hoping for 78xx or something but what else could you do?

That taught me that I have no bankroll management whatsoever and this is something that is going to change from now on. I devised some idiotic Excel sheet that will tell me which levels I can play depending on my bankroll. The rules for now:

- Buy into cash games with 60xBB (shortstacking no more)
- 25 BIs needed to play a cash game of NL and 50 BIs for PLO
- NO MORE PLO until I read some books and articles.
- Multitabling will be important. Because if you don't multitable in online poker, you're just losing money.
- 45 BIs needed for SNGs
- 100 BIs needed for MTTs

For now I will start with 0.05/0.10 cash games on either PS or FT, whichever.
I plan on sticking to that plan and see what comes out of it, hopefully something good.

On a side note, I've been doing pretty good in live games with finishes of 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st and....6th LOL. Being card-dead ain't fun.

Until next time...

ronee

No comments: