Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2009

Volume is the *key*

I've been running bad the past month.
After a great start to the year, I am barely even in live games (I don't keep track but whatever, this is about right).
I then proceeded to lose most of my winnings playing on Full Tilt and some more at PLO.
Obviously I still suck at Omaha and take full responsability for playing when I don't even have any sort of edge.

One thing I realized though in poker is, volume is the key to everything.
You might be 2% better than your opponent, still, you won't be making money after one night of play.
I have seen so much shit the past few weeks, like K6 pushing on the river of a KK6-T-rag board only to get called by KT. What about last night with JT committing all his money on the turn when the board read KQ9-Q-K and his opponent calling with Q-rag.

So for a change, I decided to 6-table tonight. Although my connection barely held up and I got disconnected temporarily twice, I was able to put in 250 hands in about an hour.
Guess what, I had AA twice in the first 10 mins, and they got cracked twice, preflop by JJ and on the flop by a straight draw.

I lost $12 very very quickly and I was starting to feel depressed and thinking 'this is just not my day', but still I stuck with it and I am glad I did.
Luckily when you play multiple tables, you just don't have time to feel sorry for yourself and think about your mistakes (which is what hand histories are for, but I don't bother to be honest). So I just kept my head in the game and kept grinding, grinding, kept reloading, busting and being busted.

At that time, I didn't even know what my bankroll was exactly and probably didn't want to know the result from this disastrous session.
I loaded Poker Tracker anyways, imported the 259 hands,... the sessions read this:
-$9.35
-$0.05
-$2.95
+$5.90
+$4.70
+$2.10

In the end, I came out a +$0.35 winner, ridicoulous. But still a lot better than if I were just 2-tabling, don't you think?

If you don't multi-table, you're just losing money.

ronee

No comments: