Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lack of interest in the Main Event Final Table

Well, with a few dozen players left I really had high hopes for the final table.
A few well-known players were still alive, including Phil Hellmuth, Mike Matusow, Shawn Sheikhan (best threesome ever!), Tiffany Michele, Brandon Cantu, Kido Pham, and unfortunately they all busted before the final table. Sigh.

Maybe Harrah's postponing of the final table could have been a HUGE success, especially with Hellmuth or Tiffany but looks like that plan backfired? We'll see if the hype builds up in the next four months but so far I am not too optimistic.

I mean, I don't recognize ANY of the sames at the table, how sad is that?
To make matters worse, Harrah's already drew the seat assignments, so the players already know where they will be seating and with who. Isn't that going to make the issue of coaching even worse than it already is?
I just don't understand why they would do this and throw more fuel in the fire.

We'll see what happens. But for now ESPN will start showing prelims next week and I am eager to download those.

ronee

No comments: