Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bracelet Winners Recap for 2008

Just finished a 45-man in 5th place for a small cash. I got coolered at the end with AQ vs 89 (former CL was loose and spewing chips left and right) and he rivered the 8 to bust me. That would have vaulted me to second in chips but well, flipping is never funny.

One leak I have to fix is turning off the heat when I double up to a good stack. I usually shove preflop when I am short, but when I finally double up, I tend to still shove with monsters like AQ/AK/AJ preflop and that hurt me right there.
Next time I will just opt for a raise and c-bet to take it down instead of gambling.

Now to the recap of the bracelet winners for the 2008 WSOP.
Truly the year of the pro as they say. But again, they also say that everyone is a pro these days lol.
Here is the list of the names I recognize, so it's safe to say that they are 'pros' and somewhat good ;)

Nenad Medic
Grant Hinkle
David Singer
Erick Lindgren
Ralph Porter
Jason Young
Mike Matusow
Vanessa Selbst
Daniel Negreanu
Jens Voertmann
Blair Hinkle
Max Pescatory
Kenny Tran
Barry Greenstein
Phil Galfond
John Phan (twice)
Rob Hollink
Dario Minieri
Layne Flack
Jesper Hougaard
David Benyamine
Scotty Nguyen
J.C. Tran

So that's 24 pros out of the 50 events that have been played so far, which is truly overwhelming considering the size of the fields.
If that wasn't enough, Phil Hellmuth is leading the final HORSE event which will have its final table tomorrow.
After that, it's on to the Main Event, baby!

ronee

No comments: