Search This Blog

Friday, May 2, 2008

Bored at work, some poker thoughts

Wow today is a slow day at work.
Yesterday was a holiday, so lots of people took Friday off to enjoy a long week end.
I will most likely do that myself next week (as next thursday is also a holiday, as well as the monday after) so I can have a 5 day week end, ship it!!!

Regarding poker, I haven't played at all lately. Mainly because I am very tired at night and I find it hard to do the 9pm-12pm poker thing now. Waking up at 6h30 isn't funny.
Also, it's a lot easier to just load up Counter-Strike and play for 10 minutes and quit than grind SNGs for a couple of hours.

I am excited about the coming week though because I might have a live poker game lined up. I am not sure who is going attend exactly, but I am told most of them just started playing, so it should be fun. By the way, that will force me to put some hands in online, most likely sunday, since I can't play any other day because of my girlfriend staying over during week ends.

In general, I don't like to play against new players, just because they tend to splash around not knowing what they are doing. That shouldn't really bother me because players should be able to play however they want right? If that player somehow wins than he did right, right? Well yes, but they also tend to suckout more than the norm LOL. Just joking. The game plan should be as usual...just wait form some hands and pounce on them while they are holding middle pair, that should work. If not, I will post my bad beats on here.

Regarding the (huge) announcement that the WSOP ME final table will be postponed to November, I will just say that I am shocked.
Not that this is a half-bad idea, but I am just surprised that Harrah's would make such a drastic change to the most important poker event in the entire world. Of course that won't sway away entrants, we should again top the 6,000 mark but they had to know that this move was gonna create a storm of controversy. Just check out the P5 and 2+2 forums and you will see.

Obviously they are thinking about money here, so that viewers will tune up on ESPN 11 hours after the final table is over to watch the broadcast on TV.
But the negatives might very well outweigh the positives in here. The worse case scenario is that one of the players won't be able to make it to the final table (shit happens in 4 freaking months) and then what? He will be blinded out for the whole world to see? What if he happens to be the chip leader who also has 50% of the chips in play? Good luck to Harrah's.

By the way, I pity the ESPN employees (hello Norman Chad) that will have to work around the clock to deliver the edited version in record time.

Oh yeah, downloading Lost at work right now and I can't wait to watch it when I get home.

Ronee

No comments: