Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Live game gone horribly wrong

The live game could not have gone worse, as finished dead last!

Let me explain. I didn't pick up cards at all during the first two orbits and kept folding hands.
Finally, I get a decent hand, 8c9c and decide to check in the BB with one player limping.
The flop is a beautiful 5c6c2c.
The limper then bets a pot-sized bet, and I raise 1/5 of my stack hoping to take it down right there.

He thinks for a long time, and wonders what I have for about a minute, but he finally reraises me. I agonize but tell him I CAN'T fold this hand, it's impossible. At this point, what could he possibly have? An overpair, two pairs, a set, straight and of course the flush are the scenarios that run through my head, and I am the favorite in all but one of those.

So I finally make the call, and he showed me Ac3c for the flopped nuts! yikes! Turns out he was acting the whole way, and at this point, only the 7c can help me out and of course I miss wide.
So there goes my $10 LOL, after that I waited for another hour for the game to finish but we didn't have time to play another one.

That was really cruel, but I am hoping to do better next time.
By the way, we might play again on sunday night but I haven't heard from them since, maybe that won't happen, we'll see. But the level of play wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. People are very aggressive even with money at stake and don't see to be limping much; and I have already targeted the preflop crazies.

Ok that's all for now, see you later.

ronee

No comments: