Search This Blog

Monday, May 26, 2008

Winningest PokerStars Month to date

I was 2-tabling a $3 10-man SNG and $3 18-man SNG.
Didn't have much early on, I basically fell down to 1k just by folding having nothing to play with, and if I did I would miss wide.
I busted out of the 10-man on a coin flip, a pocket pair versus overs and he hit the flop.

I got lucky twice in the 18-man. Once with JJ vs AQ, he hit two pairs on the flop, but I hit runner-runner clubs to complete my flush.
Then when I am down to 800 UTG at the full final table, I pick up Aces (talk about a good time) and shove very innocently, I get two callers and triple up to above average stack.

heads-up he had a 4-to-1 chip advantage on me, I pick up A9 on the button and limp. Flop is KK5 and I take a stab after he checks with 1/3 of my stack and he raises me VERY quick. There was a club draw on board but I have no clue what he had to be honest.

I do not think he had a draw, otherwise he would have shoved me.
He could be restealing me because my bluff was obvious, people wouldn't bet a King there in position or I could have a 5. But his reraise was so quick that I have a hard time believing he thought about this, unless he knew what I was gonna do before checking and planned on re-raising no matter what I did.
My guess is he had a King or a 5. But either way, my large bet in position was a bad idea with that board, I should have checked or bet minimum.

I also picked up AA again early in the heads up session and checked until the river but he never bet.

I finally had to shove 97 with 3 big blinds left and he called with K7 to bust me.
I think I picked up Aces maybe 3 times tonight, good for a +$10 night.

This has officially become my winningest month on Stars lol, +$60 while I barely played 12 SNGs.

I have a great 157% ROI in May, with just Stars SNGs.

ronee

No comments: