Search This Blog

Thursday, May 29, 2008

A welcomed win

Just got unstuck a little bit I guess.
I just won a $3 SNG, now I am only down a little from last night.

It really felt good. Heads up he was ahead and I called a raise for about 1/5 of my stack with 7c8c. The flop was a great 747 so I checked knowing that he was aggressive in position. Surely enough, he raised me almost all-in with AT and I won the big pot by turning a full house.
Funny thing is that we were all-in ATC the very next hand and I got another full house to finish him off.

Weird how I can't handle losses really. If I don't cash in two SNGs in a row, it gets to me very easily and I start questioning my game.
Obviously I do make stupid mistakes a lot of the times but sometimes it's just about losing coin flips and I suck at taking it well.

I lost this $6 SNG last night and then this $3 SNG so that hurt a lot.
Even though really a $6 SNG is nothing, and clearly I do have the bankroll to play $10 SNGs, but I don't do it because I hate losing.

They say to be successful at poker, you need to have no regard whatsover for money (or have plenty of it). Well that is not the case with me right now LOL.
I will keep grinding the $3 SNGs (taking a shot above from time to time) before I feel comfortable with moving up.

ronee

No comments: