Search This Blog

Friday, May 16, 2008

A couple of thoughts

One last hand I forgot to mention in the $5 45-man SNG from last night.
On the bubble, I get JJ in the BB and have two decent stacked shovers in front of me. I think for a while and finally fold, reluctantly. Yes I wanted to make the money and that was part of the reason why I chickened out, since the loser was surely gonna bust before me.
They both showed AQ vs KJ, and the flop was JQQ, which would have given me a full house and the HUGE pot. I guess I can't be result oriented and it was a good fold, but it still stings somehow.

Also Full Tilt is weird like that. Man, we see the craziest hands, with KK vs AK, vs 77 AIPF and the board reading xx7xA. Or 99 vs 88 and an 8 hits. Or better yet, smaller kickers always pairing on the flop. I am curious and something looks a little off; I mean, it seems to me like the best hand never wins when all the money goes in before the flop.
We will see if that trend continues. I do agree that this is the game of poker, Where Crazy Things Happen. I have seen some incredible shit in live games too with lower kicker pairing on the river and stuff like that. Oh well, I think that feeling will go away when I play my next live game and see a one-outer hit and I will finally say (again) "well, online poker is not rigged"

Poker Tracker 3 came out and I am downloading it right now, plus it has a 30-day trial which is nice. I was curious about the price tag of the software, and I shocked to see that you had to pay $89.99 to use this software!
I think it's crazy and I am definitely NOT going to buy it. If it were $20 at least, I could consider buying a legitimate copy, but that price tag is pushing it, sorry.

ronee

No comments: