Search This Blog

Thursday, May 22, 2008

I <3 PokerStars

Since my self-imposed exclusion on Full Tilt I have been playing primarily on Stars now and will continue to do so for a while, except for those bored times where I will 6-table $1 SNGs for fun while watching a movie.

I have been running good, cashed in 5 of my last 6 SNGs with two wins for a nice little run.
I know it won't last but let's just hope so. I just think that I am playing very solid (read: tighter) right now and getting good value on my hands and making great reads.

Oh yeah, we use a proxy server at work and I installed Proxifier to be able to play poker (why can't major poker rooms implement proxy support?). It worked for everything but lately PokerStars doesn't work anymore, maybe the network admin blocked the port or PokerStars had some kind of update.
I was browsing through the web and turns out you can mess up with the user config file to tell PokerStars to use another port, which I did and it works!

I promptly jumped in a free FPP qualifier for the Hundred-Grand (will obviously trade the T$ if I won that) and even forgot to set my settings, prefered seats and table themes (the default theme is an insult to God).
Anyway, it was an all-in fest and I decided to shove a Q98 flop on a raise with middle pair and a flush draw. He had JT for the flopped nuts and I missed my draw, good fun, for free.

I also read that you can configure PokerStars to use a proxy through the same file but I still need to figure this one out.

laters

ronee

No comments: