Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

5th out of 45

Cashed in a 45-man SNG by finishing 5th.
I am still a little disappointed since at one point at the final table I was the chip leader and didn't take advantage of it.

I had a run of 3 hands where I went from a short stack to a big stack (KQ vs another short stack's Ax and I flopped a K) and felt lucky to be dealt those hands.
But from that moment I was card dead and my stack went from 14k to 9k just like that, I didn't even try to steal once.
Thing is, shorter stacks were around 4k at that point and could shove at any time so I thought it would be a little risky.

The bubble was very long, nobody wanted to make a move. At one point I even joked that I was happy to see what a flop looked like.
The biggest 'action' hand was when we saw AK vs TT vs 99.
Guess what? Flop K, river 9. Needless to say the TT guy wasn't very happy.

I did call an short stack's all-in with KQ vs QQ and lost that hand, which crippled me (see? short stacks can hurt). I shoved the next two hands and finally had As8d vs QsJs and he runner-runnered spades to bust me, cruel.
At least I am happy to have cashed and feel confident.

ronee

No comments: