Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I am the Chicken Master!

Crazy 45-man SNG.

I was cruising along fine with 7k in chips among the leaders and on the final table bubble.
Then this CRUSHING hand comes along.
I am dealt AA in SB but it's folded to me. I decided to limp and maybe create some action. The flop comes JKJ....He bets and I smooth call, knowing I most likely have the best of it.
Turn is the ugliest K ever! He best again and I call. River is irrelevant and he bets again an amounts that cries for a call, I reluctantly call and he show K6o.
Well, that will teach me to slow play Aces, since a raise preflop would have saved me some chips.
Anyways, I then limp to the final table as the shorter stack with 4k in chips.

From then on I proceed to fold every single hand as I am card dead.
The other short stacks double up and I am in danger of going out out of the money. i am sitting in 7th with only 6 getting paid.
Then the craziest thing happen. At 400/800 I am left with 1500 chips and I post the big blind! So that left me with only 600+ chips. There are 3 limpers in front and I look at a horrid Q8o.
Well, since the other short stacks are involvded in the hand (they still have a sizeable amount) I fold an pray for action. It doesn't come.

Then next turn I am sitting the SB and am dealt KK!!!!
Resurrection!?!?
Anyways, the other shorter stacks limp and I am in to win most of the pot. The board runs low with no action and I resurrect to 2k.
After more folding I shove the shorter stack with AQ vs rags and I take it down with a pair of queens. We are 5 left.

After a few more folds, there is action between 3 players, including the chip leader.
On a flop of 6dQdJc They all shove with QJ vs KT vs 22
The turn 9 gives KT a straight but the river J gives the chip leader the full house and the win! He busts two players at the same time, and I went from bubble contestant to a guaranteed 3rd place finish.
I only have 2BBs left and post the BB and auto-shove A7o vs T9o.
The flops two pairs and that is the end of it.

A great game that shows that it's never over.
I really suck because I chickened out so much (folding my BB at 400/800 with 600 left behind) but in the end it paid off. Luck means a lot sometimes.

ronee

No comments: