Search This Blog

Thursday, June 5, 2008

THE BEST DAY EVER!!!

Wow, so many things happened today I'll make different entries

DAVID SINGER WINS HIS FIRST BRACELET IN POT-LIMIT HOLD'EM

Man, I am so happy he won. He was the only guy at that table that I was truly rooting for.
He's a excellent, low-key player who has scored big before, $1M in a Caesars event, then he won the inaugural $25K Championship HU event on Full Tilt Poker.
Great for him.

ERICK LINDGREN WINS HIS FIRST BRACELET IN MIXED HOLD'EM

Wow, I was rooting for the two finalists, Justin Bonomo (I respect him a lot since he rehabilitated his image after his cheating scandal) and Erick Lindgren.
Erick won and it's great to see one of the best in the game finally get his due.
The former WPT player of the year finally isn't gonna be a joke among his buddies Negreanu, Ivey and Cunningham.

I SCORED MY BIGGEST WIN YET

After I banished Full Tilt with all the bad beats I got I decided that I was gonna donk off the remaining $ I had on higher buy-ins SNGs or tourneys.
Well I entered a $10 18-man SNG. I don't really mean 'donk off' literaly, but at least try to take a shot if you know what I mean...some kind of bankroll I don't really give a damn about.

Well as you can guess I WON and that's a $76 positive, better than the 5th place $5 MTT I scored in my early days.
Here's a recap of the SNG. I think that overall I played great and got a suckout to end things, even though it is my belief that he got lucky too (you'll understand)

- I picked up pocket threes three times, and I bricked the first two times with overcards all over.
Finally, the third time was a charm, I got a flop of QQ3 for a boat.
Three-handed we all check the flop. With another heart on the turn the last guy bets and I fake a flush draw with a quick call. The river bricks, but I put in a medium sized bet to fake a steal (following the fake draw thinking) and I got a call and a raise. I shove for 500 more and they both fold.

- A short stack shoves KT and I wake up with JJ to bust him. That was a great boost.

- I have 77 and me and this guy see a flop of AQx all hearts. We both check.
Turn is another heart, he bets minimum. I sense a weak steal, but instead of raising right there I put in a floating bluff and just call (raising right there might be an obvious resteal).
I was gonna bluff if he checked the river, NO MATTER WHAT. He checks, I bet half the pot and he folds quickly. I pat my own back.

- I got two black Aces and this guy raises to 400 (100/200) UTG.
I quickly raise 1200 as we are six-handed but he folds. That was the one hand I was disappointed about and really think I misplayed. But I think I was really antsy because we were approaching the bubble and I didn't want him to see a flop, just shove pre. Obviously his hand wasn't that great.

- I get AA again and they hold up against a short stack's all-in.

- Finally ITM, a SS shoves J9 sooted and I insta-call with AJ.
He flops the flush draw and sweat big time but fortunately he bricks.

- Heads-up I flopped a couple of big hands and bluff quite frequently.
He was really tight and folded maybe 70% for my preflop raises on the button.
Finally he raised 2.5xBB in position and I called innocently with K5.
Fop comes 625 rainbow and he bets 1200.
Now since he is tight, I just KNOW he doesn't have it so I raise.
He ponders for a while and calls. Turn 8. I bet him enough to commit and he raises all-in and I call, a little worried.
Well oddly enough he showed J8 for turned top pair (I still don't understand his preflop raise and bet-call on the flop). Luckily for me I river another 5 for trips and this is the end of it.


Overall a very good day for me (also up a little on Stars).
Overall a good day for Full Tilt.

ronee

PS: I also had connection problems because of the rain, but I can't complain about that right now.

No comments: