Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sad day!!!

Sigh....I feel like I want to cry.
Yesterday the Lakers got DEMOLISHED by the Celtics in Game 6. That was expected and promptly reminded me of the 2004 Finals where the Lakers (again favorites) lost to the densive-minded (that word again) Pistons. Oh well, next year should be better as L.A. should be the clear-cut favorite to reach the Finals and take it all. Andrew Bynum will be a great center, and will allow Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom to slide to their respective positions (power and small forward). That way Radmanovic can hit the bench and I will be happy.

And I am not a big fan of soccer either, but France got ousted from the Euro 2008 competition, so just a sad day all around. Although that didn't sting as much as the other loss.
I think Portugal or the Netherlands have to be favored now, especially the Netherlands since they literally KILLED the world champs (Italy) and the vice-world champs (France) on their way to the playoffs.

Poker wise, everything was cool, until the Lakers lost LOL.
In the past three days I finished 2nd, 3rd, 4th (see a trend?) in the $1 45-man I played.
This I think is a cool accomplishment, even though the fields are weak, butI am proud of it nonetheless. That amounts to a $18 run I think.

Then the Lakers lost and I played a $5 9-man last night and promptly lost in 6th hahaha.
I love limping with smallish pairs, and I did with 77 in the cutoff. We went maybe 4-handed to the flop and the flop was 863.
The BB bets I call, everyone folds. The turn is 5 and it gives me an open-ender and he bets half my stack, OUCH. He could have an 8 or even worse. I shoved anyways, hoping he had a 6 or my draw would save me but he turned up 63o and I bricked. I guess that will teach me not to raise preflop with a pair, or at least slow down when I miss my set after the flop and give respect to the blinds on a rag board. I make such rookie mistakes sometimes.

On the WSOP side, the pros are KILLING IT!
Now Phil 'OMGClayAiken' Galfond won the PLO+R event, just sick. I rail him sometimes at the 200/400 PLO games on Full Tilt and the guy is good.
Now, I see that Dario Minieri is the clear leader at the final table of the NLHE 6-max even. Just sicker! He is the most aggressive player I have ever seen, and when he has a big stack, he is not afraid to use it. I expect a dominating win or a dramatic fall with his style. But I kinda hope he wins.

ronee

No comments: