Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2008

8th in $3 MTT this morning

I mean, how far do we have to go to finally see the big bucks?
I registered along with 120 other players for the $3 MTT on Full Tilt and managed to climb among the leaders in mid-tourney. Thanks in no small parts to AA and KK that held up against shorter stacks' shoves.

After going as high as 9k in chips (among the leaders) I then proceed to be COMPLETELY card dead. The blinds were escalating and everybody was raising preflop like they had a plane to catch.
Anyways, only 12 get paid and we were 13 left. I think I was sitting in 11th position when I finally get 99 in MP and shove (reluctantly). Chip leader instacalls (he calls with lots of things really) to show AK and the race was on.

Luckily I turned a 9 and he rivered an Ace.....I exhale as I am out of the danger zone with about 7k. The shortest stack soon busts and I reach the final table with about 4k inchips....Leaders probably have 30k at that point, with blinds at 500/1000.

What do I get for the first hand at the final table? And COINCIDENTALLY I find myself in the big bling....T3 offsuit!!! greaaatttt.
The next hand isn't much better in the small blind. So there you go, I was down 1500 already in the first two hands of the final table.

Thanks to the other short stack, he busts first and I bust not long after with JdTd vs AQ.

I am happy I made it his far, but it seems making the final table just isn't enough to warrant a big cash. Looks like next time I am going to aim for the top three spots. Tough task if cards don't cooperate.

Well, still got a $10 cash and some hopes up.

ronee

No comments: