Search This Blog

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Nice game + Super Dario

Had a nice $5 9-man game last night.
This player in particular 'arizcardsfan' was great, we chatted all game long and he was fun playing with. Congrats for making it heads-up with me, and sorry for the suckout ;)
Here are the notable hands:

- Early, a poor guy gets AA vs KK and the K on the flop short stacks him to 200. Instead of shoving ATC, he tightens up even more. Somehow he gets KK and shoves to get called by AK and get sucked out on again.

- Card dead for much of the start, I shove QQ vs JJ on 'arizcardsfan's raise and I double up to get some life.

- On a very scary board with 4 players in, I had position and it was checked around to the turn. I was planning on putting in a bet if it was checked to me, but 'arizcardsfan' bets and we fold, only for him to show us KcJc for the King high straight flush. lol nh.

- On the bubble at 100/200 (which is early for the bubble) we have one player who had been disconnected forever, or maybe just left. Anyways, he only had 600 behind compared to our 4000+ each. We could certainly all make it to the money just by waiting. However there is an action flop with a board like QcJx9c and I have AcQc.
This other guy bets and I shove back with top pair and the nut draw. He calls, which makes me cringe because he shows KT for the flopped straight and I hate myself for putting my tournament life at risk. Luckily the turn is Tc and I bust him right out of the money. Sick. But at least 'absent' guy is ITM. Congrats!

- Heads up I have a 2-1 chip advantage which I lose little by little. We both shoved with my K7 on a board of K3xx and he shows 33. I was disappointed because he was mostly a tight player and really I was beat there but it's hard to lay down top pair heads-up. I then fall to 2000 chips and he has about 12000.

- I then manage to limp with AcQc hoping for a raise and he does so shove-call and he has A8. I double up.

- I take back the chip lead, only to lose it again, and take it back. Keep in mind the HU started at the 100/200 level, and we ended it on the 300/600 level So that's almost 30mins. It did seem like a long time.
Finally he raises me to 1200 and I decide to shove A7o. He tells me "race?" I reply "sure, let's go".
He then calls with 22 (he calls them 'love ducks') and we are off.
Amazingly the board goes K969K and I take the $22 with Ace kicker, sick. It's incredible how he went from favorite in the hand to the ultimate dog, the most useless hand on a board like that.


On the WSOP side, the pros are doing it again!!!!
John Phan won a bracelet! The great story about it is at one point they both agreed to go all-in blind for the bracelet and they did haha. Phan won that and doubled up to the chip lead.
Dario Minieri also won a bracelet at the 6-max event! I know he takes a lot of heat from people because of his attitude and arrogance, but he really IS good. Just sharkscope him if you don't believe it. He is HYPER aggressive like you wouldn't believe. Anyways, he had the best suckout in the world when he shoved 3s4s vs KK and got runner-runner 4s to take back the lead heads-up. Wow.

ronee

No comments: