Search This Blog

Monday, June 16, 2008

Pros rule the WSOP

Just on the top of my head, the pros that have won a bracelet at the 2008 WSOP.

-Nenad Medic
-David Singer
-Erick Lindgren (also made another final table)
-Barry Greenstein (7-card Razz)
-Daniel Negreanu (also made a Shootout final table, and is at the final table of the PLO+R, siiick)
-Hinkel brothers (they are the first brothers to win bracelets in the same WSOP ever! Only one is a pro though)
-Mike Matusow (2-7 draw lowball)
-Kenny Tran (HU Championship, one of the most intimidating along with Ivey imo)
-Max Pescatori

The people that are noticeably absent from this list are Phil Ivey and Phil Hellmuth I think.

Btw, how freaking SICK is the final table of today's PLO with rebuys?
Daniel Negreanu, David Benyamine, Johnny Chan, Phil Hellmuth, Phil Galfond, Brian Rast and John Juanda. And to think that Jesus himself just bubbled the final table...that is the scariest lineup I have ever seen at a WSOP table.

On my side of things, had a win this week-end for only $23. It feels good to win again.
In the first orbit I picked up KK and got in a raising war with two other players. The first one caved though when two of us shoved (he was in for 500 of his 1500 starting stack). I was up against AK and they help up to give me the chip lead early.

From then on I mised a couple of draws (got Aces twice during the SNG) but this time I could afford it (I don't mind shoving Ah3h with two hearts on board with the chip lead against a shorter stack, too bad he had trips and rivered a useless boat) so I didn't bust and call myself unlucky for once.
Although my biggest pot of the night (for the lead heads=up) I got an unexpected draw with Kh4h when I kept betting with a pair of fours and runner-runnered hearts to beat him.

ronee

No comments: