Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2008

Back in the business

The last two days have been really crappy for me.
I cashed in a SNG while my g/f was watching me play lol...obviously, somebody looking over my should does affect my play as I tend to shy away more from the action.
Ultimately a bad beat killed me three-handed when he rivered me after we both shoved the flop.
That would have given me the chip lead HU sigh.

Last night I 2-tabled $3 SNGs and failed to cash. I almost did in one, but I made the mistake of committing my chips with middle pair in a HU pot when he flopped top pair. The short stack had a little less than me but was fighting back.

Then this morning I lost two SNGs (45-man and 10-man) more where I was completely card dead!
Well that's not entirely true, I did pick up a few hands but missed for the most part.
I hate it when it happens, you're playing well but somehow the cards don't cooperate.

Instead of laying low for the rest of the day, I played a $3 18-man and was running really good this time. I was hitting the nuth flush draws and flopped top set with JJ vs his AJ.
I got lots of action and was chip leader for most of the tournament.
One thing that happens a lot is when we get ITM, I tend to sit back when I get a lot of chips and somebody else would take over and bust the other guys and take over the chip lead at the same time.

So were were heads up and he had a 5-to-3 lead on me.
Not to be undone, I started to trap a little more. Turns out he was three-betting me every time I had a hand and I would lay it down.
I would just limp with my big hands and hope to hit the flop which I did. I even took the lead from time and time and we were battling back and forth for a long time.

Unfortunately (and this is why I hate heads-up matches) we had to wait for big hands to get it all-in.
I was raising with KT vs KJ on the K-high flop and we both shoved. I brick the river but still have 4k to his 20k left.
We shove the next hand with 6d8d vs 88 and I brick to take only $16 for second place :(
I am kind of disappointed but well, that's poker.
I am, though, happy to report that my PS bankroll is at an all-time high with that win.

On a side note, I feel sorry for Andy Bloch, taking second place in the first WSOP even and missing his first bracelet yet again.
He came up short in 2006 when he came second to Chip Reese in the HORSE Championship event.

ronee

No comments: