Search This Blog

Monday, June 9, 2008

They can't win

What a great week-end.
I only played 2 more SNGs ($5 9-man and $5 18-man) after my biggest cash ($10 18-man) from the other day and really wasn't expecting much.
Well it turns out I won both and I am up an astounding $115 in just three short SNGs, yay me for my hottest run ever.
I haven't been running all that hot on Stars and I am basically even for the month of June so far with about 20 SNGs.
What do you think guys? The Full Tilt banishment cleared my head and allowed me to play better? Or maybe Howard Lederer wants my business again and pushed the "running like god" button on my account?

Anyways, logged into a $5 18-man yesterday and just laid low for the couple of early orbits.
Sweated an all-in when this guy raised from the BB and I called the SB with another guy with AJ. The flop comes J high and we both shove while the button folds.
Turns out he hand AJ as well, whew.
After that I didn't win any hands for a while until I called a raise with 22 and we went three-handed to the flop, which was a great 552 rainbow.
For some reason the raiser shoved and I insta-call,....he shows AQ, gg.
I also flopped another set not so long after that with 77 to bust another guy.

My bubble play is horrible, I never take advantage of my stack, even though I was the chip leader for a little while.
It's just that the blinds are pretty big and I really fear the short stacks will play back at me by just shoving any decent hand.
My stack just dwindled from 6800 to 4500 before the bubble finally burst.
Then we were sitting with one short stack and three big stacks. I crippled this one guy preflop with AQ and get a QQx flop. The very next hand he shoves and I come over the top with 55.
Unfortunately the other short stack decides to shove as well and I get a very bad feeling....he shows JJ.
Guess what? Flop comes xx5 turn J river 5! Would it make any sense if I told you that somewhow I didn't sweat? Maybe it's because I didn't have time to, or maybe my big stack didn't worry me (still would have had 10k).

Right after that, my heads-up opponent says "wow, I can't win" LOL.
That was funny, but oh so true. Again, I picked up an opponent who wasn't really aggressive in position and allowed me to steal his blinds a few times.
We exchanged the chip lead back and forth, but this one stupid hand came up, my big blunder of the day.
With J4o and a board of QJ2 he raises me and I call. Turn 4, I finally have two pairs and I lick my chops in advances. River is another 2!
But somehow I didn't see it I was so in love with my two pairs!
Well, his raise on the flop turned out ugly, since he did have a Q for better two pairs and I was crippled with a 5 to 1 chip disadvantage.
What happens after that? I shove a few hands and double up a few times to take the lead from him in a short space of time.
Finally he shoves A3 and I decided that my live cards of 7d8d are probably good and I can afford it. We push, I river a 7, end game.

I guess he was right.

Ronee

No comments: